We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Birds share a very strong bond with their owners. To help care for your bird our veterinarians will perform a wellness exam and answer any questions you may have about caring for your bird. It is important to feed them a balanced diet and foods that are appropriate for their species. Birds will hide signs of illness until they are often quite sick, it is vital to monitor eating and drinking habits as well as grooming and overall appearance.
We welcome all kinds of birds. We often see small parrots, budgies, cockatiels, lovebirds and amazons. Please contact the staff at Lomsnes Veterinary Hospital if you have any questions about your bird.
What type of grooming do birds require?
Birds require minimal help with grooming, but some human assistance can make them happy and more comfortable. Providing a shallow water bath or misting with water can help them with moulting and general feather/skin conditions. Always ensure the water temperature is appropriate (tepid) and that they are able to dry themselves properly, to prevent them from getting too cold. Beaks and nails should be monitored for signs of overgrowth. Symptoms of overgrowth are your bird having a hard time picking up objects/food and grasping perches. It is common for birds to have their nails and beaks trimmed as they are not as active as their wild counterparts. Please contact the staff at Lomsnes Veterinary if you have any questions regarding the care of your bird.
What type of services do you provide birds?
We provide our feather friends with yearly wellness exams, beak/nail trims and feather trimming. If you would like to make an appointment for your bird, please contact the staff at Lomsnes Veterinary Hospital.
Lomsnes Veterinary Hospital is committed to doing everything possible to combat the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak. Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
As part of this commitment, effective immediately, Lomsnes Veterinary Hospital will be instituting the following precautionary protocols to minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
1. For the safety of yourself, our staff, and the community, our front door is locked, and clients will not be allowed to enter the building.
2. We are still open, with the following hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm and Saturdays 9:00 am - 1:00 pm.
3. We will be limiting our appointments to emergencies, pets in need of a medical appointment and time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time. During these appointments, we still ask that clients remain in their vehicle, and we will transport your pet in and out of the vehicle. The veterinarian will discuss your pet's appointment over the phone.
4. For food and medication orders, please call ahead of time, and we will get your order ready. We are able to take your credit card over the phone or we have a portable debit/credit machine for you to use in the parking lot. We are not accepting cash.
5. When you arrive, please stay in your vehicle in our parking lot and call 403-342-6040, and we'll come to you.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
Your dedicated team at Lomsnes Veterinary Hospital