We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Good preventive health care for your new kitten or adult cat makes a big difference in their lives. The Optimum Care program is designed to reduce the cost of pet ownership by providing routine care to reduce the risk of disease through early detection.
Enrollment Fee: Please give us a call at 403.342.6040 * Additional charges will apply for in heat, cryptorchids, retained deciduous teeth etc. ** Additional charges will apply for extractions
Questions & Answers
Optimum Care is a program of preventive health care plans specifically designed for your cats and dogs. The program takes a group of core services and offers them at a discounted rate. Plan members pay through annual or monthly payments, making budgeting for a pet’s health care needs easier and more convenient.
No. Pet insurance is designed to protect against your pet’s unexpected accidents and illnesses. Our plans provide optimal wellness healthcare for your pet, based on their lifestyle and needs. The plan allows you to spread payments over a 12 month period while providing you with excellent value, special pricing and discounts.
The enrollment fee and first monthly payment are due at the time of sign-up. You just need to read and sign a simple contract and fill out and sign a document that permits the monthly withdrawals from your bank account by debit, or charges to your credit card.
Yes. You can choose to pay for the plan in its entirety (including enrollment fee) at the time you sign up. You will be notified proactively as your plan comes up for renewal. You can continue with the existing plan or a new plan where you can elect to do a lump sum payment for the year again or go to the monthly option if you prefer.
You can change from the Basic to the Enhanced Plan any time during the year – a change from Enhanced to Basic needs to occur at the year anniversary date.
No. The plan will automatically renew on the anniversary date without an enrollment fee. We will contact you approximately 30 days prior to the plan renewal date. Plans that are renewed after 30 days of the previous plan expiring will require the enrollment fee to be applied.
Yes. Our hospital requires appointments so we can provide excellent service to all our clients and patients. For our plan members, you are more than welcome to contact us about “day-stay appointments”, where you leave your pet with us for the day or portion of the day at no additional charge.
Your second pet will receive a 50% discount off the enrollment fee. Any additional pets have no enrollment fee upon signing up for the plans.
In these circumstances, you are welcome to pay the difference between the out-of-plan costs of the services used to date, and the total monthly installments paid.
Losing a pet is very emotional. We understand this and will consider the plan paid in full, with no further payment required.
Dr. Lisa and her team never fail to make me and my dog feel extremely welcome! They do an excellent…
Lomsnes Veterinary Hospital is committed to doing everything possible to combat the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak. Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
As part of this commitment, effective immediately, Lomsnes Veterinary Hospital will be instituting the following precautionary protocols to minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
1. For the safety of yourself, our staff, and the community, our front door is locked, and clients will not be allowed to enter the building.
2. We are still open, with the following hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm and Saturdays 9:00 am - 1:00 pm.
3. We will be limiting our appointments to emergencies, pets in need of a medical appointment and time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time. During these appointments, we still ask that clients remain in their vehicle, and we will transport your pet in and out of the vehicle. The veterinarian will discuss your pet's appointment over the phone.
4. For food and medication orders, please call ahead of time, and we will get your order ready. We are able to take your credit card over the phone or we have a portable debit/credit machine for you to use in the parking lot. We are not accepting cash.
5. When you arrive, please stay in your vehicle in our parking lot and call 403-342-6040, and we'll come to you.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
Your dedicated team at Lomsnes Veterinary Hospital