We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
As a valued client of our practice, you can expect our full attention to your pets’ needs and we will provide all services with courtesy and respect. When you arrive for your appointment you will be warmly greeted by two-legged and four-legged staff members. We will weigh your pet and assist you into an examination room. A Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) will take a history on your pet for the veterinarian. A veterinarian will then examine your pet from nose to tail, answer any questions, and plan further diagnostics or treatment as necessary. A RVT will wrap things up, and will provide you with further educational information and answer any questions to ensure you are well informed about your animal’s health. Our receptionist will finalize the billing and schedule any needed follow up appointments. We are excited to meet you, your family, and your furry family members.
Lomsnes Veterinary Hospital is committed to doing everything possible to combat the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak. Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
As part of this commitment, effective immediately, Lomsnes Veterinary Hospital will be instituting the following precautionary protocols to minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
1. For the safety of yourself, our staff, and the community, our front door is locked, and clients will not be allowed to enter the building.
2. We are still open, with the following hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm and Saturdays 9:00 am - 1:00 pm.
3. We will be limiting our appointments to emergencies, pets in need of a medical appointment and time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time. During these appointments, we still ask that clients remain in their vehicle, and we will transport your pet in and out of the vehicle. The veterinarian will discuss your pet's appointment over the phone.
4. For food and medication orders, please call ahead of time, and we will get your order ready. We are able to take your credit card over the phone or we have a portable debit/credit machine for you to use in the parking lot. We are not accepting cash.
5. When you arrive, please stay in your vehicle in our parking lot and call 403-342-6040, and we'll come to you.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
Your dedicated team at Lomsnes Veterinary Hospital